Friday, October 5, 2012

Gigantically Huge Update

Hello again Hugo Followers!!

My last post was August 28....38 days ago. That is way too long to wait before writing new material and I apologize, but I think this update will make up for it.

WE JUST GOT HOME FROM A TWO WEEK TRIP TO AFRICA WHERE WE MET HUGO FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!

It was amazing. He is amazing. Ghana is amazing. The God we serve is amazing. There is so much to report!

Here's the skinny....

On September 17, we got word that a court date had been established and we could make our plans to travel to Ghana. From August 28 (the date of the last post) until September 17, there was truly nothing new to post. I probably should have made the effort to write something valuable about the adoption experience, but the truth is I spent most of that time biting my nails and waiting for the phone to ring. I just couldn't muster the mental energy to post. Then, when we got the word that we would be leaving soon, we decided that it was probably wise to wait until we got back to post to the blog. I'm pretty sure all of our readers are friends and family but just in case there are any creepers out there, we didn't think it was wise to announce to the world that our house would be empty for two weeks. So that's my excuse for not blogging, and I'm sticking to it.

Anyway, we went and now we're home. I could write volumes (and I will) about what happened over the last two weeks but I won't write it in this post. Believe me, there's a lot to tell and you'd get tired of reading if I put it all in one spot. Here's what I thought I'd do:

While we were traveling, I kept a journal. I bought a little, brown leather journal at Walmart and wrote in it everyday. I really enjoy journaling when we travel and I thought this particular trip would be an important time to do this. Over the next several weeks, I will write a new post every couple of days detailing each day of our trip. I'll be careful to leave out any sensitive or classified material and there are some things I just don't want you to know. No offense, but some of the stuff is just for Rebekah and I and Hugo. Still, you'll get a pretty good idea of what we experienced and what is coming next in the process.

So if you've been wondering what's been going on....we're back! Stay tuned and we'll tell you all about it.

God Bless You

6 comments:

  1. Very happy to see you both home safe and sound but will be happier when your son is with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. changed by the reality of God with uw! I so look forward to meeting Hugo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved my time w/ the four little Rummels.....can't wait until Hugo comest to Oma's house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, just couple of days bak the thot about whatever was happening with you all crossed my mind...it came from out of the blue & just as quickly it passed on by...So i'm sure glad for your update:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHH. You are not in Ghana anymore! So happy you are home safe. You folks are fantastic people, you know that? :)

    ReplyDelete